CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

UMW Taco Soup

2 lbs. lean ground beef
medium onion; chopped
1 large can Ranch Style Black Beans
1 can Rotel tomatoes (you choose; original, mild, hot)
(2) 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes (chopped) including juices
1 can water (rinsed in/out of beans can to get all flavor)
1 can niblet yellow corn with juice
1 packet Ranch Style Dressing powder
1 packet taco seasoning

~ In a soup pot, brown meat; add onion until tender. Add in remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly and simmer for 30 minutes. Will be thick and hearty.

~ Serve with tortilla chips

submitted by reader Jamie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to take this to work with me to serve as lunch at a lunch-time baby shower. So, I browned the mat and onions at home the night before, cooled it and stored it in a zip lock bag. In the morning, I grabbed all the seasoning, canned goods and my slow cooker and the meat/onion mix and brought it to work. I went right into the conference room and put all the ingredients into the crockpot, gave it a stir and turned it on low. It was perfect by lunch time.

~ Jamie ~