CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Favorite Banana Pecan Bread

I've tried many recipes and this one is THE BEST!!! No joke! Try it!

Favorite Banana Pecan Bread

Ingredients:

4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup buttermilk (OR 2/3 cup milk with 1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar added...let it set a couple of minutes until it starts to curdle)
2 cups vegetable oil
2 - 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (use the ripest bananas you can find)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups white sugar
~
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:
* Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray coating and lightly flour.
* In a bowl, add the cup of milk, soda and baking powder...it will start to foam. This works really well if you use the vinegar method to sour the milk
* Blend together the eggs, buttermilk (or soured milk), oil, vanilla and bananas.
* Add the sugar, flour and salt. When well-blended, stir in the pecans.
* Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake from 60-70 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

I wish I could give credit where credit is due, but I have this recipe printed out and have NO idea where I got it! When I figure it out, I'll link it here!!

0 comments: